3.27.2009

Plastic Easter Egg Wreath

I saw one of these online and I thought I'd give it a try. It's a piece of cardboard cut into a circle. I didn't measure. I just cut as big of a circle as I could out of the box I had, it doesn't have to be perfect. You can make it any size. Then you just simply go around the circle using hot glue to place the eggs on the cardboard. If there is a gap at the end this is where your bow will go.  ;)
                       
Fill in the gaps with Easter grass. Dab the hot glue in, wait for it to cool a little then use a skewer, pencil or pen to help push the grass in. This will ruin the pencil or pen. Trim up the strays. Done.
                       
It's not a kid craft but they can help hand you eggs. My little girl helped me out with the bow too. Just keep them away from the hot glue gun. I took this picture on my cell phone. Sorry for the poor quality. Click to see larger.

12 comments:

Amber said...

Holy batman, that is totally cool.

Dawn said...

I love this! I'll have to plan a trip to the dollar store for some eggs now!

bigSIS said...

This is SO cute! Very neat idea.

Sharon said...

How bright and fun, and something that's "okay" to get rained on!

TLF said...

That's awesome!
I'm going to try that today.

Veronica Z said...

Awww, that is the cutest thing ever! I have never seen an Easter Egg wreath before.

Grammie said...

Sweet Daughter,
I told Aurora I want one, please when you get a chance make me one!
I love it, its so pretty at your house.

Love ya Mom

Anonymous said...

wow. I was looking for a reusable wreath idea for easter. this is pretty cool. I guess you could do it with wooden eggs also, but it would be heavy.

loretta said...

What a fun idea!

cr8iveme said...

lovely wreath.

hugs.

M.E.

Anonymous said...

so cute! I don't have space between my storm door and front door so this should be flat enough to fit perfectly!

Thanks!

Wendy said...

This is so cool! I wish I had known about this at Easter. I'll definitely have to try this for next year!