11.24.2010

MadHatter Diaper Cake

We had a mad hatter baby shower for my bestest pal. I just had to try to make a diaper cake that had the topsy turvy style. This is what I came up with.

This mad hatter baby shower had painted roses, a white rabbit, candy and teacups. It was lovely!

This diaper cake took me longer than any other. I tried several ways to get them to topsy using diapers. I had to scrap that idea and go with cardboard tubes. I covered each one with the same thick black ribbon that's around the diaper rounds. You can't see the separator on the bottom from this angle but it's there.

Painted roses were done by Aurora (my little crafter). It's just acrylic red paint on cheap fake white roses. The cards are scrapbook embellishments. I used glue dots and sandwiched the wire in between two cards. 

I always think it's fun to have stuff made out of diapers at baby showers. It's cheesy, sure, but it's fun. :D Happy crafting!

8 comments:

chris said...

love it love it!

Tiffany said...

WOW! This is wonderful! Diaper Cakes are so much fun to do but this is so cute and original. Glad I found your blog. I will definitely be following along :)

Anonymous said...

Couldnt agree more with that, very attractive article

Anonymous said...

hello! what a cute cake! would you mind sharing instruction on how to make it topsy turvy? i already know how to make a regular cake, but would love to try this. =P

Carmen said...

This is absolutely adorable! Wish I'd thought of it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thats freaking awesome!

ediapercakes.com said...

I think you can make a wonderful Dr. Seuss themed cake like that!

Anonymous said...

Just an fyi....the term "Topsy Turvy" is copyrighted so using it do describe your diaper cake can get you in trouble since its in print. Its a lovely cake though :)