6.30.2008

Gum Paste High Heel


So this is my pink and brown heel from gumpaste. I used a strip of cardstock folded into a triange to make the slope so the gumpaste could dry. It took about 3 days to really get solid but I am in the south. The humidity isn't kind to cake makers. LOL

It is my first heel. It's not 'for' anything, so to speak. I just wanted to see if I could make one.

I did the detail on the sole with vanilla to tint those sections. The top of the toe part has some shine to it. I did that with luster dust mixed with clear vanilla. The shoe smells great. I really need practice with this one! ;)

3 comments:

6boyzmom said...

Hi. I love all the stuff you've made , and I can't even imagine being able to make cakes like that! By the way , I live in Russellville , so -- hello , neighbor!

Kerilou said...

Very cute!! I never would have thought to do something like this! Adorable!!

Kerilou

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

I used to make cakes and I loved gum paste! I had thought your crepe paper flowers were gumpaste too! Beautiful!